Volt Home Charger Information
1. What should customers do to prepare their home/garage for Volt?
Customers should identify a convenient area to charge their Volt, such as a garage or an assigned private parking spot.
2. 120-volt vs. 240-volt charging? What charger comes with the vehicle?
The 120-volt Portable Charge Cord that comes standard with every Chevrolet Volt will meet many Volt customers charging needs (approx. 10 hrs). However, for faster and more consistent charging times (approx. 4 hrs), an optional 240-volt charge station is available via Chevrolet’s home charging provider (SPX).
3. What are the home technical specifications needed for home charging?
The technical specifications for home charging installation will vary for each individual customer based on their desired home charging location and home information (i.e. year home was built, attached or detached garage, existing 240-volt line, etc).
4. Are there any special programs to assist in the cost of home charging?
Many Chevrolet Volt owners will meet eligibility requirements for various federal, state and local home charging programs. The customer support team at SPX can assist you in locating programs that are available in your area.
5. Who do I call about purchasing a 240-volt charge station in my home or business?
Contact Boardwalk Chevrolet, and we'll be able to guide you through the home charger install process.